Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Quilt Block Converter/Resizer

Yesterday I showed the math you need to use to resize a quilt block. Unfortunately, some people (who will remain nameless),don't like math, even if you lay it out with nice formulas. So I put on my thinking cap and came up with a calculator that you just have to enter in the block pieces and it will calculate the new numbers for you. Voila'!



Hopefully this works on all different devices. I got it to work on my android cell phone and on my android tablet (on the tablet I had to switch to full web version, but I didn't have to on my phone). I am interested to know if there are any blocks that this doesn't work, it has worked on the simple ones I have tested, but....there may be exceptions.

Here is a quick look-up to convert fractions to decimals, since my converter needs decimals:
1/8 = .125
1/4 = .25
3/8 = .375
1/2 = .5
5/8 = .625
3/4 = .75
7/8 = .875


Here is another block that I converted from a 6" x 6" finished block to a 12" x 12" block from Tula Pink's 100 Modern Blocks.



Please let me know if this works or doesn't work.

I'm linking up today with Linky Tuesday at Free Motion by the River and Fabric Tuesday at A Quilt Story.

Color Me Quilty!

Pat

2 comments: