Monday, July 7, 2014

A Modern Scottish Design Wall Monday

I'm making pretty good progress on my Modern Scottish Baby quilt. It's going together fairly quickly and easily.

The top is done, except for some fine trimming around the reverse applique'

I like how the Thistle "tattoo" turned out. The fleece will be really tactile for baby.

I still want to trim out more of the fleece. I don't want the dark grey to show through on the front.


Now I just need to play around with some straight line quilting to make the yellow check more plaid-like.


5 comments:

  1. What an awesome quilt! Such a great way to give a square patchwork quilt way more interest and design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really like this design! Can't wait to see how you quilt it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, when I first saw this quilt I thought it was a solid piece of fabric, not pieced together. It really looks like plaid. I've never tried reverse appliqué before. Yours looks great. Thanks for linking up for Anything Goes Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea to have the appliqué there, and AWESOME idea to make it tactile!! The plaid effect is definitely there, but straight-line quilting will enhance the effect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a clever way to put in a appliquéd feature! So grafic! At first glance I thought it was a stencil!

    ReplyDelete