Wednesday, June 11, 2014

WIP Wednesday: Almost a Finish!

Woohoo, I finished quilting my Tree quilt last night and got it trimmed. Now I just need to make and add the binding.




I was really disappointed with the teal fabric. I picked it up at Keepsake Quilting last year because it had an interesting texture.
But I had trouble piecing and quilting it. I will not use it again EVER! Look at the back (none of the tucks happened in the regular fabric portions.)



There is nothing like using quality products in your quilt! Love the Aurifil thread and Quilters Dream Wool batting (I will DEFINITELY be using that again)! The quilt is amazingly soft, even with all the quilting. I'm sure I can find someone to love this quilt, even with the tucks in the back!

Here are this week's stats:
In-process: (5)
Express Your Love
Humphrey's New Bed
Mod Ovals Quilt
Pantone Quilt 2014
Tree Quilt
 
New projects: (0) 

Finished (0)
 
I'm linking up with  Freshly Pieced for WIP Wednesday!



Color Me Quilty!
Pat

7 comments:

  1. Looks great. Consider the tucks to be extra texture. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it and I call the tucks "little bits of added love."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your quilting is beautiful. The teal fabric looks like a very loose weave like a linen, but those tucks aren't that bad. Still like it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so beautiful, Pat! The quilting really does look like tree bark!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the texture the quilting creates,! Don't worry about a few tucks, clearly the fault of the fabric not your quilting! cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're doing great! Someone will definitely LOVE that and may not even pay attention to the tucks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's really great. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete