Sunday, January 19, 2014

A Little More Goddess


Yesterday was such a lovely day to stay in and quilt. I decided to work on my Express Your Love/Goddess quilt and see if I could over come some thread breakage. I know that I'm still working through some tension issues on my new Tiara, but I didn't think that the Isacord thread breakage was all just tension. Then I read Linda's post, over at Linda's Landscapes,  regarding humidity and polyester thread breaks because of static. The humidity in my house is in the low 30's this time of year, so I set up my humidifier and got it up to about 45%. Didn't have one unscheduled thread break, although I did slow it down a bit.






All of the FMQ fills are some version of Leah Day's designs. It's so nice to be able to just flip through and pick out a fill to try out.

Anyway, I'm off to quilt!

Color Me Quilty!

Pat

2 comments:

  1. Ah, thanks for sharing about the humidity issue. In the winter ours can get very low when we have heat running. I will put the humidifier close to the machine and see if I can deter the thread breaks when I am FMQing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great. I like seeing how these fillers work in various spaces. Can you believe yesterday I spent a good long time looking for a different filler to put around feathers, then I "wimped" out and went with microstippling. LOL.

    ReplyDelete