Friday, September 13, 2013

FMQ Friday

I haven't had a ton of time to quilt this week, but I had an hour or so last night and I continued on with my Layers quilt.  I got 3 more border "sections" done, although I did have a bit of tuck problem.




Dreaded tucks! I'm not going to try and take them out. I may stitch over them a bit to hide them.

There was actually a huge tuck along the edge of the sashing section. I just stitched it down. I don't think it looks too bad.

I think that these tucks will actually be cut off when I trim the quilt.
I feel better now that Leah has basically said this is how she deals with them. I really don't think that they will show that much once the quilt is washed.

I'm linking up to day with Leah Day for FMQ Friday!  (Thank you Leah! I hope you realize how much you help, not only learning to FMQ, but with your honesty and open vulnerability. You are truly one of my heroes.)




Free Motion Quilting Friday
Color Me Quilty!

Pat

12 comments:

  1. If you had not told me, I wouldn't have seen the tucks. I say - let them go and move on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am impressed with how nice and even your stitching looks even on the back. I don't think you should worry too much about the tucks- aren't they bound to happen whenever we quilt that densely?

    ReplyDelete
  3. How strange, I discovered Leah two days ago and have been practicing my FMQ like a woman possessed. It is amazing how much fun I am having and see lots of this in my future

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice Pat -- I wouldn't notice the stitch down if you didn't point it out. Great job. LOVE to FMQ and Leah is one of my heros too ! How about this rainy Finger Lakes weather today ? Take good care, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such an amazing job! Remember we are not a sewing factory. We are creating art!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful quilting! Compliments!
    Love from Amsterdam!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! I honestly wouldn't have noticed the tucks. The one that is close to the edge isn't noticeable at all, and probably won't be in the finished product anyway! I think you're being too hard on yourself, Pat!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice! I think the tucks are perfectly fine! We're humans, not machines. Handmade is rarely perfect, that's what makes is special! Congrats on keeping on keeping on!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I appreciate your candor! Thanks for taking and sharing detailed photo of tucks and the solution. I believe we will all face them one day. Dena

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a good idea! You can't worry about them too much.
    Once I had one of my most aspired quilts have tucks with them. Initially I planned to take them out and redo quilting.
    But decided otherwise, like you said once washed that won't be noticeable.
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the swirls in the first photo. Well done. I feel like tucks and pleats are going to happen when you have 2 layers of fabric and batting zipping around in the sewing machine.

    ReplyDelete