Thursday, September 5, 2013

Cocktail Party, Wedding and A Quilt

As most of you know who have been following my progress on my Layers quilt, it is a wedding quilt for my stepdaughter. So I thought that along with an update on my progress, I would show you some of the pictures from the festivities.

The Friday Night Cocktail Party at our house.

I had more pictures here, since it was at my house.  There were a lot of kids, so we even had a special table of food just for them.
 The Wedding - it was a second marriage for both, each have 2 kids. The ceremony was really special and truly incorporated all of the children.
The wedding was held at a local winery. It was a spectacular day.
So that was almost two weeks ago. I did show them the quilt last weekend, they liked it. I feel bad that I don't have it finished, but I am stitching like mad.

I have all the borders on and all of the straight line stitching complete. Last night I finished FMQ one of the sides.




Humphrey was overseeing this process.
I'm glad I decided to quilt the snot out of the borders. I think it keeps the theme of the quilt going.

Color Me Quilty!

Pat

2 comments:

  1. Ahhh so that's why you were pinning so much cocktail party food on pinterest! Lol. The wedding looks lovely and the quilt is coming along very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quiltint hte snot out of the boarding is definitely the right choice, most excellent. The wedding looks beautful. Its so good when the children are involved.
    Have a great day.
    Always, Queenie

    ReplyDelete