Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Free Motion Fills

Yesterday afternoon, I decided to start having a little fun filling in some of the areas on my Layer's quilt blocks. I got the first one done.

Quilted with Aurifil 50wt thread

Detail

Detail

The back
The quilting went a little faster than I thought it would, which is a good thing since it needs to be completed by the end of the month. Yikes! I better keep quilting.

I'm linking up today with A Quilt Story for Fabric Tuesday and Free Motion by the River for Linky Tuesday.

Fresh Poppy Design


Color Me Quilty!

Pat

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful quilting, Pat. I like the free flowing lines...seems to accidental. Did you have a drawing to follow or did this just come to you while you were quilting?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! I have got to get the hang of McTavishing...yours looks phenomenal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your quilting! Beautiful design, i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,

    I'm a new follower, and I have been enjoying your progress on this quilt. When I clicked over to this post a few minutes ago, I almost gasped out loud.....it looks spectacular! I've enjoyed the fabric colors and cuts, but the stitching is so amazing. Now I'm anxious to see the next block. Keep up the great work!!

    xo Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful and so many different ways to quilt! Thanks for sharing.
    Freemotion by the River Linky Party Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning! I am in love with your quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! I didn't quite know where you were going with that. I should have guessed it would be so intricate! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love what you did with that design. It is going to be extremely interesting when it is all together.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am a huge fan of this type of quilting. You have a very pretty lil quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this! Especially effective is the way you have placed quilting designs: angles by curves, busier by plainer. It reminds me of the old days when we first learned about placing prints next to each other and how to vary them to make it work.

    ReplyDelete