Wednesday, June 12, 2013

[I'm] WIP[ped] Wednesday

 I finished my Make It Right challenge quilt, in the nick of time (11:00 p.m., 1 hour before it was due.) Unfortunately, the pictures looked like it was 0'dark thirty and somewhat uninspired. So yesterday, even though it was a bit overcast, I took some pictures outside..


The winner is chosen by how many "likes" and "pins" from the Art Gallery Fabrics "Make It Right" board on Pinterest. While I don't think I have a shot at winning, I don't really want to be "skunked" with hardly any likes or pins. Sadly, I currently only have 4 repins and 8 likes. Click here to see the Pinterest Board (you must have a Pinterest account). I'm pathetically asking for your "like".

I also started back up on my Layers Quilt. All nine blocks together (untrimmed), ready to sandwich and quilt. This will be a QAYG project using the technique here. I'm hoping that this will turn out to be a very special and meaningful quilt.
Stratified Layers of Earth - Do you see my inspiration?
My stepdaughter is a Special Ed teacher in a residential program for troubled youths. She asked me to hem a pair of suit pants for one of her students that is graduating from the program. I don't normally like to do work on clothing, but I really felt that this was a good cause. So I broke out my blind hem foot for the first time ever.
Strange little foot and a bit of a puzzle to figure out how to fold the material correctly, but oh so much easier to do than hand stitching.  I think it turned out pretty good.

Since I spent so much time on my garden this spring, I thought you might like a couple of pictures in bloom.
Black Lace Sambucus (ornamental eldiberry)


Humphrey sitting in front of the Corgi garden.


Here are this week's stats:
In-process: (3)
Express Your Love
Layers quilt
Grandma's Quilt
 

New projects: (0)

Finished (1)
Make It Right Challenge

I'm linking up with  Freshly Pieced for WIP Wednesday!






Color Me Quilty!

Pat

16 comments:

  1. Your quilting is awesome and you got very nice garden!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your entry Pat! I'll pop over and like I a moment. Your garden looks spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL..okay, I think I have pinned it twice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your quilt Pat (and I liked it on Pinterest too)! I can't wait to see your Layers all done, it's going to be beautiful. And I'm very jealous of your garden! Wow! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I liked and repinned it, it is just beautiful, good luck! I am stopping by from the WIP post, hop by if you get a chance! http://domesticdeficitdisorder.blogspot.com/2013/06/wip-wednesday-june-12th-edition.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing quilting! I'll totally like on Pinterest. And I'm in love with the layers. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post. Love your quilts and your garden. Your entry is definitely deserving of pinning!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh, the Corgi garden! Humphrey is so handsome! I "liked" and "pinned" your make it right quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Definitely getting my like. The quilting in the grey areas is my favourite, love the texture of it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. your entry is amazing, pat! bravo. overcast skies make for great pictures, btw. no harsh shadows. =) everything looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The quilting on your piece is stunning-
    I went over to pinterest and gave it a like :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful colours in your quilts and extraordinary geological picture :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. visiting from WIP Wednesday. Love the finished quilt. Amazing quilting on it

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your flower garden is a beauty!

    All of the quilting is fantastic on that quilt! Especially the grey areas, great texture!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's beautimus! I love it (but liked it because you asked me to) :) ! Thanks so much for sharing the journey on this one, it was fun to watch!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That quilt is stunning! I hope you put a hanger on the back. It deserves to be hung! Love the pics of your yard. So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete