Wednesday, February 13, 2013

WIP Wednesday

I really love WIP Wednesday, it always makes me feel like I've accomplished something during the week. I think because I blog throughout the week, with just some small progress, that it adds up over the course of the week.

Last week, the only quilt left on my WIP list was my Elephant quilt, and the blocks weren't even all completed. This week the blocks are done, put together and the side strips are added.

Since I plan on quilting this quilt in sections/panels, this is the first panel I will sandwich and quilt. I'm really looking forward to that, I think quilting the elephants will be fun.
















I did start two new projects this week. The first one was Leah Day's project: Express Your Love. I bought the panel at Spoonflower. I got it sandwiched and basted this week.

The second quilt I started is a bit of an experiment in curved piecing. I'm calling is my "Layers" quilt. It will also be done QAYG, so the two blocks I've completed are already pin basted.

The dots on the navy are just pins and Pinmoors. I know it's kind of an odd looking quilt at this point, but I think it will look cool when I have the 7 additional blocks completed.

So all in all, I really did accomplish something this week. The best part is I'm getting closer to projects that need FMQ, my favorite part.

Here are this weeks stats:
In-process: (1)
Elephant quilt

New projects: (2)

Express Your Love
Layers quilt

Finished (0)

I'm linking up with  Freshly Pieced for WIP Wednesday




Color Me Quilty!
 
Pat

5 comments:

  1. Oh I'm liking those curves! :-). I'm fascinated by people who love FMQ. That is probably my least favourite part of the whole process, except maybe pin basting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am looking forward to seeing what you do with Express Your Love! I've been watching Leah's videos with her quilting of it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not odd at all! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute elephants! You've got a couple of really fun projects going on.

    ReplyDelete