Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Spirals and Swirls

Wow, it's hard to believe that this is the second to last month for Sew Cal Gal's FMQ Challenge. I sure have been having fun participating. This month was a tutorial on spirals, my favorite! Sarah Vedeler had us FMQ spirals in a straight line. Sew that's exactly what I did up both sides of my Expanding Possibilities quilt.
That was lots of fun, so I decided on a bit more free form swirls and spirals on my Storybook #2 quilt.
Front
back

front

back

Front

This quilt is a quilt-as-you-go (QAYG), there are 20 blocks to be quilted. I have four completed, so I will have lots of practice with spirals and swirls.

I'm linking up with SewCalGal for November's FMQ challenge with Sarah Vedeler.

Here are my entries for the past year:
January
February
March
April
May
June
July
August
September
October

Color Me Quilty!

Pat

5 comments:

  1. I wish I were that good at swirling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your swirls look great! I'm doing them for the first time and they took a lot more practice to get looking decent than I was expecting.

    ReplyDelete