Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Quick and Easy Table Runner

Flip and sew table runner
 I had about an hour to sew last night and I needed to prepare a project for my Leah Day homework for this week. And you know, it's getting close to Christmas, every project (and homework) has to count! So, I whipped up this cute little table runner all ready for some FMQ  "Paisley Snakes".
I cut backing 23" x width of the fabric (WOF) and a piece of batting approx. the same size

Then I cut a center strip about 11" x WOF and two side border pieces 4.5" x WOF. Centered (by eye) on the backing and batting.

Flipped the borders, pinned and stitched through all of the layers.
You will see the seam stitches on the back. Instant stitch in the ditch!

Pressed both side down. Ready for some FMQ!
In less than an hour, I picked fabric, cut, switched my machine from FMQ to regular sewing, wound a bobbin, stitched up this table runner!

You could put borders on the ends in the same manner, but I plan on cutting mine to a point after I FMQ it.

Now Humphrey is feeling a little left out lately, so here is a little gratuitous picture of Mr. Humphrey Bogart! I love my little Corgi!
Humphrey Bogart!
I'm linking up with A Quilt Story for Fabric Tuesday, Plum and June for Let's Get Acquainted and Free Motion by the River for Linky Tuesday!
Fresh Poppy Design

Plum and June



Color Me Quilty!

Pat

4 comments:

  1. Sending some corgi love to Mr. Humphrey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does he get mad at you if you sew to long? My little Papillon does. She barks at me until I let her jump in my lap. Then puts her front paws on my chest and her face in mine as if to tell me enough already!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful runner and can't wait to see it quilted! Humphrey is a real cutie! Thanks for sharing.
    Freemotion at the River Linky Party Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you make this look so simple! Love your fabric choices.
    Emma

    ReplyDelete