Thursday, May 17, 2012

TGIFF - Thank Goodness It's Finish Friday!!!

Woohoo, I'm hosting TGIFF this week! How cool is that??!! And I even have some finishes - I love it when I plan comes together.




Sometimes I pick projects that push me out of my comfort zone and this one has me "goin' fribbon egg-shaped". I loved that saying. A gentleman I worked with years ago, used to use that phrase when his machine was running a little wonky (I was the quality manager and he didn't like to swear). Sew when I made up this block for the QuiltCon block challenge, I thought Goin' Fribbon Egg-Shaped was the perfect name. What do you think?
Goin' Fribbon Egg-Shaped block
Most of the block was done improv style, but I did use my Quick Curve Ruler for the "egg-shapes". Is it too much grey? Does it need something more?


I also got my storybook quilt finished, ready for Spring 2012 Blogger's Quilt Festival. Want to see a sneak peak?
This quilt is Librarian approved!

Sew, what have you finished this week???? Inquiring minds want to see! Let's get this party started by linking up. I know I can't wait to see what you have all been up to! Link up, tour, comment and enjoy! Please remember to link back to this TGIFF post, so your readers can see some other great finishes.




Color Me Quilty!

Pat

8 comments:

  1. I think your block looks great! Also the storybook quilt is super cute! Nice Finishes! I've been thinking about buying one of those quick curve rulers...what do you think of it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the block AND the name. I can never come up with original names (hence rabbit tree for a quilt featuring rabbits and a tree..). And i think i have to get me one of those rulers! Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay you did the QuiltCon challenge. This is the first block I've seen for it and it looks great, Pat! Thanks for hosting TGIFF! Looking forward to seeing your Bloggers Quilt Festival quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So wish i could see your "Story Book" up close. That is an heirloom to say the least!
    Love the egg quilt too. Yay you for stretching!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your block, and the name, too! I love my quick-curve ruler and you've used yours very creatively! And I think that there is NOT too much grey...it's perfect just as it is! Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your block Pat!! So Modern and different! I've been dreaming up a Quiltcon block myself..!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your block and think it's perfect as is!! The Story book quilt is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete