Monday, January 16, 2012

A Little FMQ Sampler Fun

I had started a free motion sampler last fall and set it aside to work on Christmas presents. Since there are so many FMQ challenges and quilt-a-longs, I thought it would be fitting to practice some of those on this quilt. This quilt was designed to be busy and bright, to hide a lot of my less than perfect stitches. Sometimes it's so busy I can't even see the stitches to see how I'm doing! LOL!

Swirls, practice for my storybook quilt

Stippling added to the block in "rows" (Leah's assignment this week)

Heart Leaves, practice for SewCalGal's FMQ challenge


More heart leaves

Flower, just because!

Free hand dragonfly, just because!
Well, that's three more blocks done on this quilt, I think I now have 17 out of 30 done. My goal is to finish this quilt by March! Piece of Cake!

I'll be linking up with Sew Happy Geek for Manic Monday!

Color Me Quilty!

Pat

11 comments:

  1. Great quilting, love the 'just because' ones!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your fmq is looking great! I must get back to trying it out again. You won my giveaway btx :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks amazing! I could go green. Again. I just need to practise!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 17 out of 30 - means you are over half way there...great work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the hearts and the "just because" flower! I really need to start practicing with FMQ. It looks so much prettier than just straight-line stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You FMQ is beautiful! Please show th ewhoel quilt when you are done. I love those colors!

    ReplyDelete
  7. And I love the block of spirals smakc in the middle of the stippeling!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow, Pat!! these all look amazing! *sigh* i really need to give this a go. i'm just not always so good at the practicing part ;)

    ReplyDelete