Thursday, November 24, 2011

Try New Things (TNT) Thursday: Gluing The Binding

I opted for a glue stick!
Happy Thanksgiving! But before I slip into cooking mode, then eating mode, then food comma mode, I would like to tell you about my latest experiment! Gluing bindings before machine stitching, no pins, no clips! Yup, it's true and it works like a charm. Jenny at Sew Kind Of Wonderful had this tip!

Went on like a dream!

I pressed the binding in place (otherwise it didn't stick)

Stitched from the top! It did NOT gum up my needle.

Front binding

Back of binding

All done and on the table for Thanksgiving!
This table runner represents so many Try New Things: 1st time to FMQ, 1st time to glue a binding, 1st time to machine (not hand) stitch a binding down. All in time for Thanksgiving and TNT Thursday.

I'm linking up with the wonderful Melissa at Happy Quilting for TNT Thursday. I can't wait to see what wonderful things everyone else is trying this week!





Color Me Quilty!

Pat

9 comments:

  1. Eureka!!!! What a great idea! :) Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Contests. You got it finished in time for the feast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I said congrats, spell check changed it to contest. Modern world.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gluing binding!!!! Wow! I must try that sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous idea and I can't believe that was your first time fmq. It looks fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your runner is beautiful, Pat! What a cool way to do the binding, too! Hope you had a great Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gluing binding! What a neat idea! Runner looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I sew have to try that! I just machine stitched my first binding on my projects this week! Otherwise it has been hand-sewn binding on the one side. I this you do great work, so straight, of course!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great idea thanks Im glad i came accross this on your blog I think I shall use it on my flower quilt when Iget to the binding stage.

    ReplyDelete